The 10 goals of the CityArchRiver 2015 Design Competition:
- Create an iconic place for the international icon, the Gateway Arch
- Catalyze increased vitality in the St. Louis region
- Honor the character defining elements of the National Historic Landmark
- Weave connections and transitions from the City and the Arch grounds to the River
- Mitigate the impact of transportation systems
- Embrace the Mississippi River and the east bank in Illinois as an integral part of the National Park
- Reinvigorate the mission to tell the story of St. Louis as the gateway to national expansion
- Create attractors to promote extended visitation to the Arch, the City and the River.
- Develop a sustainable future
- Enhance the visitor experience and create a welcoming and accessible environment
CityArchRiver is about all of us coming together to celebrate and enjoy what makes St. Louis great.
CityArchRiver is possible because of public-private partnerships.
The CityArchRiver is underway. Learn more about construction progress.